Tuesday 25 October 2016

What if I Caused His Death?

Life is so fragile, our decisions are important.
I was to run an errand for my mum which required me taking slides to another hospital. She wanted me to go on Monday but I preferred to go on Tuesday because I told her I had not prepared to go that distance that day. Later that evening, she called and told me that I shouldn't bother taking the slides to the hospital because the patient had died.

The first thing that came to my heart was that my refusal to go on Monday was what led to his death and I asked my mum if it would have been different if I had gone on Monday. She said the patient died earlier in the week but she didn't know because she was out of the hospital for a few days. This got me thinking.

What if I was responsible for the death because I was negligent or I postponed the errand just for my comfort? Thank God it did not play out this way but I realized that my decisions may sometimes not affect me but it could affect the next person close to me. I realized how important my decisions can be. Sometimes, decisions can be a life or death situation. The more we know this, the more careful we are about matters and issues. This is a short post because I am quite saddened by the young boy's death.

We need to learn responsibility and learn to weigh matters carefully. Do not postpone today's task till tomorrow. Do not trivialize what should be prioritized. Let's learn to seek God over our decisions and be sure that we are doing the right thing. We do not always get it right all the time but do your best to do the right thing the next time. Your decisions have consequences and the wrong ones bring you pain. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment