Monday 20 June 2016

Don't Break!

I am writing today to those who face the despair of being raised in broken homes. I can't say I totally know what it feels like but I can tell you that God knows better than I do. What I have however discovered is that some of you from broken homes tend to feel responsible for the break in your home. You feel it is because you were born that is why the mess in your homes have happened. That is very far from the truth. Do not blame yourself for the mistakes or problems that are solely the responsibilities of your parents.

Please, don't break.
I need you to know that your birth was planned by God and He designed you for a reason. Don't despise your parents either because God chose them as your parents. He knew what He was doing. I know this can be hard but I know that God can see you through this. Listen, your home can break but don't allow yourself be broken in the process. Please, don't break. I know it can be tough moving from one house to another because of visitation rights but choose instead to be better through all of these.

Don't try to heal yourself by doing drugs, drinking and being rebellious to drive a point to your parents. They only drive you down the path of depression and you are destroying your life in the process and believe me, it will hurt more than you can imagine. Believe me, choose to believe in the love your parents have for you even though they have not been able to solve their own problems. Enjoy their company whenever you have to be with either one of them. Pray a lot and if possible seek counsel from good christian counselors. Don't make rash decisions and don't hate your parents. God enjoins us to love even when we don't feel like it.

Occupy yourself with things that can develop you socially, mentally and spiritually. In my subsequent posts, I will talk about this matter a bit more. I just want to let you know that you are special in God's eyes. He loves you immensely. You need to know this deep down because it will help you through the doubts that you have about your parents love for you.

Jeremiah 29; 11(NIV) "For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you , plans to give hope and a future". This is a promise and it is so true!




No comments:

Post a Comment