Thursday 16 June 2016

There is someone out there...

Today as I read my Bible (James 1:27 NIV) which reads, "Religion that our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.", I realized that there are people I need to look after other than myself. I realized how I have been preoccupied with my own needs that I failed to see the needs of others.

I was glad for the gift of family and love. I also realized that not everyone was blessed with this gift of family. Most times we get so caught up in the things we don't have and forget to thank God for the things that we have. Orphans wish everyday they had the love that you have. Widows wish that their husbands were still alive. God sends us to those people to show them love and care. You might ask, what can I do for these people? You can begin by praying. Pray for orphans around you that the Lord will envelope them with His love. You might have one or two of them in your class, make up your mind to do something extra nice for them. Invite them for your parties or surprise them on their birthdays.

Stop looking at yourself all the time and start looking for someone you can bless. It doesn't have to be a million dollars but it can be a million dollar smile that they need. You can suggest to your local church that they do something for orphans at least once in a year. God loves them too and they need to know that. There is someone out there who needs you!
There is someone out there who needs you!
If you are in this with me, lets say a prayer:

Lord, we pray for orphans who are in dire need of love and family that you will envelope them with your love. We pray that you comfort and keep them. We pray that you will find us as useful vessels to bring these ones to you. Comfort those who are being ravished by war and hunger. Send help to them Lord and help us be the help we can be in our own little corners. This we ask by faith in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment